About Our Swim Lessons
- The Dive Spot offers swim lessons for all ages 6 months and older.
- Lessons meet the needs of
each swimmer from the elementary skills of water exploration, primary
skills & stroke readiness to more advanced stroke development and
The average group size is 4-6. Lessons for StarBabies and StarTots (ages 3 and younger accompanied by an adult) and adults may have a few more participants.
Eight 30-minute lessons are offered during each 2-week session.
- There is a short parent orientation on day 1.
- There is a short break between classes to move swimmers in and out.
Please apply sunscreen at home. This allows time for the skin to absorb it.
Children aged 3 and younger who are not potty trained must wear swim diapers.
Children aged 4 and older must be potty trained. Let us know if you have a special needs child for whom it is appropriate to make an exception (they will wear a swim diaper).
All swimmers wear eye protection except for those aged 3 and younger.
- Those not directly
involved in the lesson wait behind the fence during lessons to avoid
distracting swimmers while instruction is being given.
A Swimming Level guide is available to assist you in helping us place your child in the best possible learning environment.
- Private lessons may be scheduled by triathletes who wish to hone their swim skills for competitive success.
Swimsuits are now available at The Dive Spot.
Take a look for a size and color that SUIT your little one or you!